NEW PSU

cleggy621 21:29 20 Feb 2007

My existing PSU LC-A350ATX, is running very hot and i think it is causing my pc to restart when it is being pushed.

Can anyone advise a good quality replacement?

I only need to power my mainboard Asus A7N266-VM, CDRW, DVD, 2 HDD.

I have also got an external HDD and DVDRW connected through a 4 way usb hub.

I'm looking to spend between £25-£50.

Thanks

Mark

GaT7 21:58 20 Feb 2007

I suggest this 400w Silverpower SP-400P1B click here for £31-32 delivered. Not a well-known make but it received good reviews at click here & click here. There seems to be some contradiction with the 20/24-pin connectors from the sites though. G

woodchip 22:02 20 Feb 2007

Jeantech 500 watt from PCW that's what I have in my Win98se at the moment. It as built in protection if it fails

woodchip 22:11 20 Feb 2007

PS it also as 2 year warranty

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:14 20 Feb 2007

If renewing a PSU check:

1. The physical size of your PSU, some are hard to replace due to being a non standard size.
2. The amount of power need from the PSU don't skimp

1. Physical Dimensions

Besides the specs and form factors, the physical dimensions are also important factors in selecting a compatible power supply. Here is an outline of the physical dimensions of most standard power supplies:

# ATX: 6x3.5x5.5", HxWxD. Most common. Uses 4 mounting screws.
# Mini-ATX: 5x3.5x5", HxWxD. Rare size. Uses 4 mounting screws. Can be used in a regular ATX case, but often not the other way around.
# MicroATX: 5x3x4", HxWxD. Use 3 mounting screws. Not interchangeable with ATX or miniATX.
# Flex ATX: Even smaller than Micro ATX. Various sizes according to case specs; often not interchangeable.

Use the data above to determine if a particular power supply would fit your case.

The quality of a power supply can be estimated by its weight. While this is not a true scientific or thorough measurement of the power supply reliability, it is nevertheless a very simple and easy way for ordinary PC users to estimate and compare the quality of a power supply.

2. Power supply calculator click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?