new program

d'oh 23:52 23 Aug 2006

Not really an important issue but if someone can give me a hand i would appreciate it....
Every time I click on "start"(windows) the message "New programmes installled" is shown even though I know there are NO new programmes on the P.C.
How can I get rid of this message???
Is it just updates ...etc.?

johnnyrocker 23:54 23 Aug 2006

possibly, but does it not give a description of what it has found?

johnny.

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:54 23 Aug 2006

Right click start menu, properties,start menu tab, choose customize next to start menu radio, advanced tab, uncheck "highlight newly installed programs, click OK

G

josie mayhem 23:57 23 Aug 2006

Have you used the restore point at all? this can happen if you restore you computer to a point where you've added a new application/program?

To get rid of it, then when it shows you should be able to follow the menus (could take several detours, to follow different parts of the menu) oncw you've located the 'new programe/s' then when you've opened them this message should go away.

I am assuming that your are using XP!

SANTOS7 23:58 23 Aug 2006

Click start, on a clear space, right click> select customize>advanced tab>untick "highlight newly installed progs" click OK click APPLY..

bruno 08:16 24 Aug 2006

This notice appears whenever you install a new programme until you use it,then it goes away.

d'oh 12:41 24 Aug 2006

Thank you so much for all your replies

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?