New Printer/Scanner/Copier

clarky44 11:58 12 Aug 2006

My old HP Deskjet 940 is on its last legs. I am going to replace it and wanted to look at a mutifunction device. I print now and then in colour but mainly black and white. Its for home use only and I don't print huge quantities. A ream of paper lasts me about six to eight weeks. Don't really want to spend more than £250 and am wary of mega expensive replaceables as can no longer get these (legitimately) from my Co.

Any ideas would be really welcome.

ade.h 13:27 12 Aug 2006

You don't actually need to spend more than £120. click here. I got this for neighbour in the spring and it has been superb. click here for a review.

ade.h 13:29 12 Aug 2006

Oh, and it takes compatibles (you'll need to look for a BCI-6 fitting or equivalent). Just noticed your comment about the cost of consuables.

wee eddie 14:28 12 Aug 2006

There's an article that will start your search.

Personally, I reckon that they are rather expensive as printers and I keep my Copier in a drawer until I need it.

Totally-braindead 16:28 12 Aug 2006

I can't recommend a particular one but I can recommend one NOT to get. I bought the Epson DX3800 as soon as it came out, should have waited for the reviews I think. Anyway its ok but the print quality isn't even close to the quality of my aging Epson 680 printer. Its not fast but I don't print a great deal so it doesn't bother me its the quality of the printing thats disappointing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?