New printer

isititis 15:07 31 Dec 2010

Afternoon all,
Seasons greetings and ahappy New Year to all.

I am looking to buying a new printer before the new increase in the vat. The one I have now is a Lexmark X5150 which, from what I can see, after searching on the Lexmark site, Lexmark X5150 is no longer supported by Lexmark. The new printer must have cartridges that are refillable. All suggestions considered. Thabk you.

BT 16:38 31 Dec 2010

are still available as far as I can see.

click here

isititis 17:30 31 Dec 2010

Thank you for your help, but I should have mentioned the Lexmark X5150 is beyond repair.

spuds 17:37 31 Dec 2010

When you talk about Lexmark X5150 you are talking vintage, plus big and bulky. I have had one for years, and have made it redundant about three times, due to alternatives.

There as been some real good bargains about, over the past few days. Wireless from £31.00 at Tesco. Amazon have also had some good prices, but I notice today that the prices are on the increase.

Just been looking at an Epson SX515 all-in-one wireless, which seems very good value, especially as reviews seem to agree that its a 'Good Buy'. Even Epson's own store as reduced the price from £99.99 down to £59.98 delivered. Still cheaper elsewhere, if you do a quick search. Compatible cartridges are available for this model from 50 pence each, or a CISS (£19.00+) can be fitted, so saving more money.

isititis 12:35 01 Jan 2011

Thank you for your input.I couldn't agree with you more about about the X5150 being old, big and bulky, but it's reliability was second to none, I found.
Happy New Year to you and yours.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?