new to photo editing, help?

rickf 13:43 17 Aug 2009

Hi,
I am trying to put 3 photos into one. Can anyone tell me how. Got photoshop and elements progs.
thanks

john bunyan 15:00 17 Aug 2009

Although I use CS4, I think Elements is similar. Do you want to create a montage or something ? 1. Go to File. New, Create a blank in the sixe you want - say for portrait, 210 x 297 mm. Make sure you choose the resolution you want to print in (I use 300 dpi but for e mail you dont need more than 72 dpi). Then open the three photos, ensure they are all at the same rresolution as the blank. Resize them so they will fit in the blank. In turn, "Select all" then "Copy" then go to the blank and "paste". You should end up with a background and three layers, which you can move around as you wish. Finally. if you want to end up with a .jpg, flatten the image and save it.

woodchip 15:00 17 Aug 2009

You have to use layers, Cropping and pasting. Feather the edges to blend in. I use Different programs to yours

rickf 16:22 17 Aug 2009

Thanks people will have a go and see what comes. Only way to learn. Chaeers

BRYNIT 17:17 17 Aug 2009

Just a few Photoshop Tutorials you might find one that will help

click here

rickf 19:17 17 Aug 2009

Thanks Brynit. Great tutorials.

David4637 19:38 17 Aug 2009

YOU CAN NOT BEAT PHOTOSHOP, but there is a fairly long learning curve, I borrow books from the library, have attended courses at Local Tech College, you get back what you put in - thats a common thing with computers is it not? David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017