new pc won't boot

styven 16:05 24 Jul 2005

have tried to set up a friends new fujitsu pc, on boot up it seems to search for a mac address then says no operating system found!!!!

the words dhcp and client are in the text on screen.

i have tried to use the xp recovery disc, but it gets so far and says no hard drive!!!!

when i first connected it up before switch on, i connected it up to a router for it's internet connection, should this have made a difference?

i have tried boot up without internet connection, same results, the bios seems to list the hard drive and an alternate drive.

Forum Editor 16:16 24 Jul 2005

I wouldn't advise you to do anything - get your friewnd to call the supplier's customer service department as soon as possible.

It wasn't the best decision to connect to a router before starting up a new computer with a new WindowsXP installation.

styven 16:28 24 Jul 2005

that is what they are going to do, i am interested to find out what the issue is, i have built my own pcs and connected them up this way on a fresh xp install no problem, my internet is connected up via a router, could it be because this was a preintalled xp pc, it seemed to think it was a client.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?