New PC setup

baldyx 21:14 06 Jun 2010

I have new pc to which I wish to transfer my Hotmail & Outlook folders.
Please advise how to do these.

Forum Editor 23:18 06 Jun 2010

from Digital Home.

T I M B O 12:49 07 Jun 2010

If you have a new pc it's likely it came with Win 7 ?

If the pc is brand new then it's also likely that it came with a trial period of 3 months with Norton or maybe McAfee antivirus. It's prolly best to remove these totally and replace with a free Antivirus. I would recommend Avast>> click here

Foe Antivirus removal software you should find them on this page>>> click here Just scroll down the page.

Once you have installed the Avast all you have to do next is to register it & it's free for a year. With Win 7 they don’t call it msn they now use the name Windows Live Messenger, all you need to do is put your email address in & password and hey presto ! ur in.

Windows live mail is so easy to set up also, once again just put in ur hotmail username & password and the email client does the rest.

It's so much easier than it ever way in the past. If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate.

gengiscant 12:58 07 Jun 2010
  baldyx 12:40 08 Jun 2010

T I M B O -thanks. The new pc will have Windows 7.
When I login to my Hotmail/Windows Live mail on new pc , will the personal folders(containing e-mails ) ,calendar(with existing appointment dates ) etc be visible on th new pc?

baldyx 20:55 15 Jun 2010

Thanks all for the help!
My hotmail works fine on my new pc!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?