New PC, Loads of problems.

RDJ17 15:23 11 Aug 2017
Answered

I have recently upgraded my pc and went from windows 7 to windows 10. The only parts i didn't upgrade is my two harddrives and my graphics card. When i play games i get loads of problems such as random crashes in almost every game i play and one of my favourite games which is rust constantly crashes due to "Access Violation" but i always run it in adminstrator and ive tried turning of windows firewall but still the same problem. I have also had some bluescreens and the one ive seen the most is Memory Management but i have run many tests on my ram and harddrives and it seems okay but i still get the blue screen.

Specs(NEW PARTS):

Intel Core i5 7600k Processor

MSI Z270 SLI PLUS ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory

EVGA 80+ GOLD 750W Semi Modular

(Old Parts):

Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" SSD

Western Digital WD1000FYPS-12ZKB0 1TB

EVGA GTX 960 SSC

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:13 11 Aug 2017

Have a read here

RDJ17 16:37 11 Aug 2017

Thank you that looks promising ill have a go and see how it goes. Blue screens won't be related to that though would they?

RDJ17 19:28 12 Aug 2017

Still getting the memory management and other bluescreens but they all link back to harddrives and since the upgrade i move everything from one drive to another and now im getting bluescreens.

rdave13 20:36 12 Aug 2017

I'm away from home at the moment and using a tablet rather awkwardly so apologies for lack of links. Your motherboard is UEFI I should think and you've installed 10 on an MBR disk (the Samsung SSD) as it was for Win 7. Possibly you might want to start again afresh with the SSD and convert it to a GPT disk. Secondary drive is okay as MBR. Backup everything before you think of doing a fresh install. You will have to Google GPT / MBR and UEFI motherboards for info but Win 10 is set up for this combination. Check your Mobo is UEFI. I only run WIndows 10 on a MBR disc if the Mobo only has BIOS. Just a suggestion and my forefinger hurts using this bl%%%y tablet. Good luck.

RDJ17 18:53 13 Aug 2017

So i should convert my ssd to GPT and a fresh install?

RDJ17 19:21 13 Aug 2017

also would going back to win 7 fix it?

RDJ17 20:12 13 Aug 2017

My mobo is Bios. Both my drives are mbr

Menzie 22:46 13 Aug 2017

When you say "upgrade" did you do a clean install of the OS for the new motherboard or was the drive from the previous motherboard just transferred over to the new motherboard and then Windows upgraded to 10 afterwards?

RDJ17 00:46 14 Aug 2017

I just upgraded then did a fresh install to windows 10 and formatted drives.

RDJ17 01:04 14 Aug 2017

Right im going to get a new harddrive do a fresh install onto that drive only and see if that works if it doesn't i will look into trying new ram and if that doesn't work i will just sell my pc and buy a prebuilt because this is really pissing me off :). Thank you for the comments though it is really helping me figure out what is wrong but i don't think it is MBR or anything because my mobo is BIOS and SSD and Harddrive is MBR.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie