New PC Help

alanstan 06:01 28 Jun 2008

Hi, As I have mentioned before I am still quite a novice on PCs so could do with some help,

I will shortly take delivery of a new desktop and was wondering if there is a way I can make a complete copy of my old PC and transfer it to my new PC ?

Also I have a 80gb ipod to which I have quite a large library on my Itunes web page, when I down load itune to my new pc and connect my ipod will I lose anything from my ipod??

rawprawn 07:40 28 Jun 2008

You can easily transfer all your files from your old PC to your new one using "File Transfer Wizard" You will not lose anything by connecting your IPod to your new PC. But a really good idea would be to get Acronis True Image,this is an excellent backup program, and backing up everything will ensure you that all your files and operating system is secure.
click here

FatboySlim71 08:05 28 Jun 2008

"I will shortly take delivery of a new desktop and was wondering if there is a way I can make a complete copy of my old PC and transfer it to my new PC ?"

The thing is though alanstan , your old PC will have different hardware drivers/drivers on it to your new PC, so I would have to say that it won't be possible to make a complete copy of my old PC and transfer to your new one.

jack 08:47 28 Jun 2008

Just the files you need to keep.[Docs,Images,Music]
All programs/drivers[as mentioned] will have to be a new loading to work with the new system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?