New PC has no O/S

ivesy 19:09 06 Aug 2009

I've bought the ebuyer PC that has been doing the rounds on HotUK deals etc. (Extra Value Desktop PC, Intel Dual Core E5300, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD).

I think it's a great buy but it doesn't come with an O/S. I've downloaded Windows 7 to see how that works on it. Would I be right in thinking it's just a matter of getting into the BIOS and getting the PC to boot from the DVD drive with the Windows 7 disk in then installing from there on?

Or am I being very naive and it's going to be a nightmare to install! Any help or advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

GaT7 19:16 06 Aug 2009

"Would I be right in thinking it's just a matter of getting into the BIOS and getting the PC to boot from the DVD drive with the Windows 7 disk in then installing from there on?" - yes, that's right.

"Or am I being very naive and it's going to be a nightmare to install!" - should be fairly straightforward. Any problems, just post.

If thinking of going down the Win7 route, don't miss the Win7 pre-order deadline of 15/08/09. G

ivesy 19:18 06 Aug 2009

Cheers. The PC is due tomorrow so I'm hoping everything goes ok and then I'll order Win7 before the deadline

DieSse 20:17 06 Aug 2009

Or try Linux Mint.

A permanently free download, that includes a full range of applications too - such as OpenOffice, DVD playing, Disk Burning, Photo Manipulation, etc etc.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?