New PC

HugeLuge 11:03 23 Mar 2011

Hey, first of all I apologise if this is in the wrong section/forum.

But I'm looking to buy a new computer and I want to be able to play some games here and there, I know I need a dedicated video card. But I'm on a budget so wondered if this is along the right lines to go.

click here

Or if anyone out there knows a good place to start looking for one.

Thanks.

northumbria61 11:27 23 Mar 2011

I am not a gamer but that link is to a gaming machine and the specification and price look good to me. Others may know of better options.

HugeLuge 11:38 23 Mar 2011

Thank you for the reply, yeah it seems good to me but the PSU Wattage doesn't seem like it can do much.

gengiscant 11:49 23 Mar 2011

You don't mention your budget or the type of games you will be playing.

HugeLuge 14:23 23 Mar 2011

I would preferably not like to go over £500. And I'm not a massive gamer but would like to play GW2 *blushes* when that gets released sometime in the next 15 years. It shouldn't be the most resource using game around so I don't need a mega machine.

robertmonkford 16:33 23 Mar 2011

Hi HugeLuge, I don't know that much about AMD, but there are many users on here that use them and say they're very good; the rest of the system looks ok for something not too taxing.

Novatech are a well respected company on this forum so you could always give them a buzz and see what they could do for you - their sales staff aren't pushy either.

My personal preference, as I've posted before, are Daevinity. I've used them and, has been mentioned before, I was very pleased with them. If you like I could ask them for a quote etc and forward it to you or you could contact them directly. I'm sure they could help you too. (I don't work for them etc, I just like the way they do business, how they treat you and the quality they sell)

If you'd like me to ask, just reply here or PM me :)

robertmonkford 16:40 23 Mar 2011

Where'd the private messaging function go? I was sure therre was one here? *scratches my head* Hmmmm....... Guess that option's out.

HugeLuge 16:42 23 Mar 2011

Hi Robert, Thank you for the help I'm gonna check those out now.

gengiscant 17:19 23 Mar 2011

The yellow envelope beside your user name is for personal contact.

HugeLuge 17:36 23 Mar 2011

How about this?

** click here

robertmonkford 18:35 23 Mar 2011

Thanks Gengiscant......I was sure it was possible to do it somehow....I feel like a right twot....hehe

HugeLuge: That novatech one seems like a fab system.....I'd upgrade the PSU though to 500w minimum......

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?