new PC

pittza 22:24 24 Mar 2007

Ineed to buy a new PC without a monitor and printer and keyboard and mouse but It needs a soundblaster soundcard as I use the soundfonts with a midi sequencer. Can any recomend which sort and make to buy and where to buy it from?

keatesy 23:27 24 Mar 2007

Well i guess i will try and give you some advice!!!
Im guessing that if you deal with sound etc then you will need quite a powerful setup, so first things first is a dual core processor as this will allow you plenty of scope for multitasking. Then you will need at least a gig of ram, then obviously the sound card.

Have you ever heard of Novatech? if not they are a warehouse based computer company and are about the cheapest around now they have Barebone systems, which is what you're looking for (no monitor, keyboard, mouse etc) my recommendation would have to be this offer here click here a core 2 duo processor, 1 gig of ddr2 ram, a decent future proof motherboard and case all for £280 which comes pre built and tested.
Now for your soundcard im not such an expert with sound as maybe you are but ebuyer have some cracking deals. This link will take you to a good soundcard for £50 click here or if thats not good enough then you have this next one for £185 click here but it obviously depends on what you want it for. Hope this has helped a bit, Kev

terryf 23:48 24 Mar 2007

click here my son has bought several of these and also one for his mother-in-law :-)

pittza 08:26 25 Mar 2007

Very helpfull Keatesy and Terryf, thanks guys.

terryfow 13:53 25 Mar 2007

pitza, glad it was helpful as I am now not allowed to sign in!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?