New Novatech pc query

JACC 11:15 19 Nov 2007

Good morning , i've just received my brand new Novatech PC an Executor Pro, could you help with a query i have .I've bought an OEM version of W/Vista Ultimate, at least i'll have a disk if something goes wrong with the pc.What i was wanting to know is do install vista first and then all the drivers and utilities for the mobo and other things.I've also bought an extra 2 gb ram , do i install it now before w/vista or at a later time.Sorry if these questions seem silly to you but it's my first new computer for 6 years and all my common sense has flown out the window .I'm flapping a bit, lol.

Seth Haniel 11:24 19 Nov 2007

already on the PC ??

It is advisable to do any modifications to the PC before Vista in I would think so that then the operating system will have a snapshot of the complete system (XP use to throw a wobbler in some cases of putting in new components)

MAJ 11:27 19 Nov 2007

If it didn't come with an OS installed, install Vista first, then the motherboard drivers, then the other drivers. You can install the extra memory at anytime, either before or after you install Vista. I would install the memory first, personally.

keef66 11:29 19 Nov 2007

I assumed if you bought the pc fully assembled, and you also bought the operating system, that it would arrive with the OS already installed. Is this not the case?

If you have to install it yourself:

Put in your extra RAM
Install Vista
Install mobo drivers, graphics drivers etc etc
Install antivirus (or set up Windows Defender)Install firewall (or set up Windows own firewall)
Get on the web to activate Windows, and to check for any critical Windows updates.

keef66 11:31 19 Nov 2007

we all said the same thing!

JACC 11:54 19 Nov 2007

What a team , all said the same thing , excellent.So it's install ram then vista, mobo drivers and all other drivers,antivirus then firewall.Thankyou all very much,i don't feel in such a panic now,thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?