New My Pictures folder query

guesswho2 11:59 02 Dec 2007

Because I'm having trouble with My Pictures folder, I have copied all files to another location. Then I deleted the empty My Pictures folder expecting it to be re-created next time Windows started (I read this in the Annoyances book). But it has not been created. Can someone explain this?

johnnyrocker 12:05 02 Dec 2007

can you rescue it from the recycle bin?

johnny.

guesswho2 12:12 02 Dec 2007

Yeah, but I don't want to! I wanted to try to get a fresh folder with no possible glitches in it.

Taff™ 12:17 02 Dec 2007

Just create a new folder called My Pictures?

guesswho2 18:07 02 Dec 2007

Yes but the same problem remains of 100% CPU usage when I try to open a folder.
The idea was to force Windows to install a new My Pictures folder. The fact that it didn't do that seems to indicate an underliying problem.

johnnyrocker 18:52 02 Dec 2007

far different from 'my pictures' folder, do you have any probs with other folders?

johnny.

mfletch 18:57 02 Dec 2007

Hi, It;s something to do with how you have got the pictures set up,

Set to show thumbnail;s try reseting to icons etc

mfletch

guesswho2 19:05 02 Dec 2007

Hi johnnrocker, everything else seems OK.
Hi mfletch, don't think that's the answer.

Technotiger 19:15 02 Dec 2007

You don't say what trouble you are having with your My Pictures folder - perhaps if you can explain, there may be a better way to handle this.

guesswho2 21:01 02 Dec 2007

Point taken Technotiger, this was really a follow up to a previous post which did give details and I can't figure out how to point you to it! The problem is that trying to open My Pictures causes 100% CPU usage so that everything 'hangs' for minutes while it struggles to load. Apart from that things are OK. I'm running XP Home, SP2, 1GB RAM, 100GB free harddrive, 2GHz processor+antivirus, spyware etc. Malware is not the problem I'm sure.

VoG II 21:11 02 Dec 2007

How exactly are you opening My Pictures?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?