New Multifunction printer for upto £100?

compumac 10:17 03 Oct 2009

My HP 959C standa lone printer has ceased/departed/no more. I have been looking at multifunction units. The Brother DCP 585CW is one that attracts at this time. I already have a Epson R800 for use for photo printing so do not necessarily need a unit with good photo capability. I need to purchase a new unit in the next few days (today?) anyone care to advise/comment?

compumac 13:27 03 Oct 2009

Bump - as I feel I need to buy today.

sharpamat 14:00 03 Oct 2009

as with any printer its personal preferance, I was not over impressed by the reviews but I tend to favour epson and my SX range seems to have a better review.

click here

As for advice it depends on use and costs. Ink is the highest cost on any printer. Refillables are an option as are compatabiles espically as some printers have built in jets etc I find the cheapest option has been CISS.

At the end of the day its your choise all have good points and bad points

compumac 15:15 03 Oct 2009

sharpamat
I have already explored the costs and the quantity of ink held by the cartridges for the units I have at this time looked at, as these are every bit as important as the unit itself. I currently have an Epson R800 that I use just for photos and an old HP1215 multifunction unit which could be considerably improved upon. I am looking for a reasonably decent unit for up to £100.

woodchip 16:15 03 Oct 2009

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?