New Monitor Will Soon Be Needed

johndrew 16:38 26 Aug 2014
Answered

My old Optronix OP-7005L is starting to play up and flicker; well it is over seven years old. Can anyone suggest a reliable TFT display with a clear/sharp screen up to 21" that is a reasonable price?

I believe experience beats all the reviews on Amazon and elsewhere!

Many thanks in anticipation.

beeuuem 22:12 26 Aug 2014

I bought a 21.5" monitor from click here in February when my old monitor failed. I realise that is marginally above your size preference. It has a crystal clear display though I'm not a gamer so I can't express an opinion on that aspect of the performance. For the price I consider it good value.

bumpkin 23:00 26 Aug 2014

My experience LG very good and sensibly priced.

bumpkin 23:06 26 Aug 2014

Also got a 22" Bush combined TV and monitor for around the same price as just the monitor about £120 that is good too.

johndrew 10:27 27 Aug 2014

Many thanks for your replies.

I really should have said that most of what I do is home video, photos and family research as a result colour and clarity are very important.

I am not a gamer either but do appreciate a good, clear screen as my eyes are getting older and a slightly larger area will only mean bigger words to read!!

LG also has a reasonable reputation but AOC seem to have more choice; whether this is good or bad I am unsure but more choice in my case tends toward more confusion!!

We have a TV and I see little point in buying a combined unit. It seems to me that I would only be spending money on something I would not use and something extra to go wrong.

Once again thanks for your replies I shall keep looking at what is on offer but any other suggestions are very welcome.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?