New Modem Router

aperplexedpirate 14:43 06 Jul 2010

Hi, i'm on talk talk adsl broadband. I need a new router that will support both nintendo wifi and xbox live as well as a 2 desktop PCs. Any advice on a suitable router would greatly be appreciated.

Also is there anybody who has a router which supports the setup i want on this forum?? If so then please reply just for some reassurance, this router business is ridiculously complicated :(

woodchip 15:18 06 Jul 2010

Yes I have a Old 3Com that I connect a Wii two Laptops and Two Desktops without any Problems.
This one a 3Com - OfficeConnect ADSL Wireless Router its a g router but should be fast enough for your needs click here#

woodchip 15:19 06 Jul 2010
  Chris Webster 21:21 06 Jul 2010

I use a Belkin Enhanced Wireless Modem router ( can't find the model number, sorry )

I use it to connect my W7 laptop, XP laptop, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DSi, xbox and my HTC Desire android mobile phone.

robin_x 23:40 06 Jul 2010

Check ISPs free new sign up packages, even if you don't want to leave Talk Talk.

Various compare and meerkat (car insurance??) sites, whatever, will give you comparisons.

Then phone the right Talk Talk cust svc number. See Yellow Pages. Be honest and explain your problem.
Don't threaten to leave, but leave it implicit.
(You are already armed with what the competitors offer)

Worked for me with AOL last year.

Nice new Thomson 585 V6 modem/router (W7 compatible)
pcm down from £17.99 to £9.99.

I had to commit to another 18 months.
But AOL works fine for me (LLU exchange)

Happy hunting

Still "Unlimited" (Fair Usage)

aperplexedpirate 16:04 07 Jul 2010

Hi Guys, thanks for all the responses. I'm torn between 3com and Belkin now =s

Woodchip and Chris Webster, are you both on talk talk broadband?? It's just that i understand differed service providers are better suited to certain routers.

Cheers

Toby

Chris Webster 16:14 07 Jul 2010

I'm on Orange.

My sister is on Talk Talk and uses the router they supplied to run her laptop, Ninetendo Wii and xbox.

Regards, Chris.

woodchip 16:59 07 Jul 2010

I used my 3Com first with NTL then Virgin Now TalkTalk
Same router no problems

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone