New Media Pc for Front Room

iqs 15:29 15 Jan 2008

Hello,We are looking for a small media Pc for the front room.We dont require a monitor,will conect to LCD TV,so just the Pc.

It will only be used for surfing,watching movies,viewing photos etc.Not for gaming.

There are 3 which I have seen for sale in Pc World...

ACER L3600 £300 with out screen
HP PAV S3220 £370 no screen
PHILIPS F/LINE LRPC7500 no screen.

Which one should I buy?.Your thoughts please.Thanks

click here

click here
click here=

iqs 16:31 15 Jan 2008

sorry

iqs 20:59 15 Jan 2008

sorry again :-)

wjrt 21:14 15 Jan 2008

click here
seems better all round specs

wjrt 21:16 15 Jan 2008

lose the monitor and £120 less

iqs 21:36 15 Jan 2008

wjrt,
many thanks for the link.I am tempted to buy the Dell,vey good value for money,but I can not locate any ref to the size of the unit.Am I going blind?.Thanks again wjrt

iqs 21:42 15 Jan 2008

the size of the Pc.Must of gone temporary blind due to the bargain price.

De Marcus™ 22:08 15 Jan 2008

how's about a laptop?

Can be used elsewhere when not in use under the telly, specs are just as good for the money, will look the part under a tv cabinet sat on top of a dvd player or something, probably more expandable upgrade wise than the boxes your looking at, etc, etc.

Downsides are that you'd have to pay around £50 extra for media centre remote keyboard etc, possibly take up more space depending on what your comparing it too size wise, some ports may be facing the front so cabling might look untidy (although there are ways around this), etc, etc.

I've got one under the telly and it works fine, my wife can unhook it when she wants to work quietly in the officealthough at present it's a bit of a pain, this would be eased with a simple docking station but I'm far too tight to consider it :-)

iqs 13:03 16 Jan 2008

De Marcus™ for your comments.Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone