New McAfee Site Advisor Up-Date

birdface 18:03 29 Aug 2007

There is a new McAfee Site Advisor Up-date for those who use it,For those that do not have it and are wondering what it is, It is a little icon that sits in your Toolbar,And when you are browsing through the Internet it warns you of bad sites.It changes different color's depending on how bad the site is.Red being the worst.Just remember the next time you are about download something and you are not sure about it .if you have this at least you will have a bit of warning. click here I believe this one is for Internet Explorer.If you also use Firefox You can use the same one from add-ons.If you only use Firefox,You have to download the one for that,

Stuartli 18:43 29 Aug 2007

Ta much so! Updated.

Your link is for the Firefox update - I'm now going to check if there's an IE update.

Stuartli 18:44 29 Aug 2007

Should also mention that Site Advisor also operates within Google. Green is OK, ! indicates that a particular website hasn't been checked yet by McAfee and Red is a warning.

VoG II 18:45 29 Aug 2007

Thanks!

The site seems to detect which browser you are using and offers the download for that.

birdface 18:47 29 Aug 2007

Hi.I was on IE7 when I updated it .I assume it also up-dates Firefox as well

birdface 18:49 29 Aug 2007

Sorry ,You were on about the click here.Thanks for putting me right.

Stuartli 18:50 29 Aug 2007

The two are separate. I've just downloaded the IE version using FF (but it just might be the same as previously).

Stuartli 18:51 29 Aug 2007

The placement of the McAfee SiteAdvisor link on a browser page is different for Firefox and IE.

sunny staines 19:16 29 Aug 2007

updated thanks

shizzy 22:03 29 Aug 2007

Can't remember, do we install over the old one or uninstall that one first please.

bluto1 22:11 29 Aug 2007

I'm on IE6 and got it from your link. Ta V M

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?