New Laptop Vista, Cant get Wireless going.

Prince Charming 11:40 19 Jan 2008

Hi i bought a new laptop the other day its a
MESH ER710
here is the website link to this laptop if this helps with answering my question.

click here

As far as i know it should have wireless internet cause it says it in the specification about.

Ok, Baisically ive got wireless internet in my house i had a laptop before and it connected up to it straight away easy peasie. however this new laptop just doesnt seem to want to know.
You will all probs ask have i turned the wireless thing on....ive "tried" apparently the instruction book says the light shud turn blue when bluetooth is enables green for wireless or greena and blue for both. all im getting is blue it doesnt go to green at all.

Along with this having looked around the laptop about i cant find nething on there to search for wireless internet?

Has anyone got a clue whats going on cus im just confused now?
If anyone has any ideas of what to do it will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Halmer 11:47 19 Jan 2008

to turn the wireless receiver on PC please?

ambra4 11:53 19 Jan 2008

Most laptop computer these days comes with a building wireless card; some required you to switch on the Wireless Radio Antenna via a small slide switch on the laptop

Or using the FN (Function) key you have to hold down the FN key and press the key with a small antenna icon to turn on the wireless card

You can also check that the wireless card is Enable from inside the Network Connection Area

Start-Setting-Network Connection-Right click-Wireless Area Connection-Enable or Disable as required

Some times you have to Disable and Enable before the card will connect to the wireless system

Prince Charming 11:54 19 Jan 2008

sorry i dont understand what you mean?

Prince Charming 11:55 19 Jan 2008

oh sorry i get you now halmer. tried as in ive pressed the quick start button on the laptop that turns it on but it wont do it. it doesnt turn on

cream. 11:58 19 Jan 2008

Is it one of the top row F* keys. If it is haqve you pressed the Fn key with it.

Prince Charming 11:58 19 Jan 2008

hi ambra, i go to start but then i cant find setting? do u mean something else like control panel??
This is the first time ive used vista so some things are confusing.

Prince Charming 12:00 19 Jan 2008

nah its not an F* key its literally with like the on off power button at the top its on its own. its to enable bluetooth AND wireless. yet it only seems to turn on the bluetooth

ambra4 12:02 19 Jan 2008

No there is a FN button on the keyboard and look for the antenna icon also on the keyboard

ambra4 12:06 19 Jan 2008

This has nothing to do with Vista you need to read the manual on how to turn on the bluetooth and wireless antenna on the laptop

You might have to use the FN key

Prince Charming 12:07 19 Jan 2008

i know what you mean about the FN button. it is there but there isnt anything to do with the antenna to do with it. the antenna button is completely seperate. if you get what i mean

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?