New laptop lightscribe drive

ruskle 19:15 14 Dec 2007

After downsizing home to a small bungalow I am short of storage space for all my video films, lots of holiday films and bought films. I am starting to burn them to dvd's and then dump the video tapes. Can you explain how lightscribe works and is it possible to fit a new drive to my Toshiba M60 laptop, I know I can fit a replacement drive but not sure about the lightscribe, if so where can I obtain one. It would be easier to burn the info onto discs rather then print and stick a label, I don't need anything flashy, just to be able to label the disc would be fine.

Russell.

MCE2K5 19:33 14 Dec 2007

Something like this, click here Maybe.

Curio 19:37 14 Dec 2007

You can save yourself a fair bit of hassle by the purchase of a Lightscribe USB Burner. Full instructions in its use will be included along witha few templates to start you off. You can also create your own or download others. Samples here
click here

ruskle 20:15 15 Dec 2007

Thanks folk, I have today bought a Freecom USB drive and installed it first go. I have already labelled two discs with good results using Nero 9.

After doing that I spoke to a friend who has had his laptop DVD drive replaced with an internal lightscribe drive in a local, believe it or not, phone shop and he also has very good results, his cost £48 my cost £43, I am having mine done after Christmas when they are not as busy and now have a brand new USB drive spare.

Thanks , Russell.

ruskle 20:17 15 Dec 2007

Should have said Nero 8.

Russell.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?