New Laptop

Ferrari-Fan 23:25 28 Dec 2008

I am looking to purchase my first laptop. I don't play games on computer and aren't too bothered about Blu-Ray. I would basically require it to surf the net, watch tv programs on i-player etc and use office applications. I would also like the screen to be 17" with a keyboard with a numeric keypad.

The ones I have been looking at have video cards as opposed to on board graphics. Would on board graphics be adequate for my requirements or would i be better advised to stick with a video card?

A couple of those I have been considering are click here= and click here= .

Are there any recommendations about my considered options and would I be better going for a cheaper model with onboard graphics? If so any recommendations.

Ferrari-Fan 10:21 30 Dec 2008

I am looking to purchase my first laptop. I don't play games on computer and aren't too bothered about Blu-Ray (although if it's part of a good deal spec then ok). I would basically require it to surf the net, watch tv programs on i-player etc and use office applications. I would also like the screen to be 17" with a keyboard with a numeric keypad.

The ones I have been looking at have video cards as opposed to on board graphics. Would on board graphics be adequate for my requirements or would i be better advised to stick with a video card?

A couple of those I have been considering are click here= and click here= .

Are there any recommendations about my considered options and would I be better going for a cheaper model with onboard graphics? If so any recommendations.

My budget could run up to £550 (maybe slightly more if required), but would it be worth spending a sum approching this or going cheaper?

Ferrari-Fan 10:27 30 Dec 2008

The 2 options i was looking at are:
click here and 17" Dell Studio

Joe R 10:34 30 Dec 2008

Maybe another for you to have a look at.

If you are not doing a lot of gaming, as stated, onboard graphics would be fine.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Android Oreo News: Release Date & New Features

Best Photo Editing Software for iPad

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Comparatif : quelle est la meilleure batterie externe 2017 ?