New Keyboard

james1` 08:07 25 Sep 2006

I bought a new wireless keyboard and mouse.1st the pc freezes when both are connected.2nd when just the keyboard is connected it freezes after a few minutes(playing games).I have put in new batteries and downloaded updated drivers.As i have a card reader,joystick and modem using usb would this be a usb power problem.The card reader uses 500 micro (i think)amps.If i am right would buying a powered usb hub sort this

FatboySlim71 08:25 25 Sep 2006

Have you tried just having these plugged in, modem, wireless keyboard and mouse, to see if the problem is still there.

If your PC is a laptop there could be an issue with the power your getting from the USB's, but if you have a desktop PC I would not expect any power issues with the USB's, I would have suggested changing batteries and updating the drivers, but you have already done this.

If I were you I would take it back to the shop and get them to exchange it for another one. I have a logitech keyboard/mouse which I have always found to work perfectly, however they are not cordless, but I could expect that Logitech's cordless keyboards/mouse would work in the same fashion, just a suggestion of another brand for you to consider, thats if your present mouse/keyboard are not Logitech. I would just exchange your present mouse/keyboard for now.

Andsome 08:37 25 Sep 2006

Just a thought. Some keyboards and rodents have a choice of channels, on a small switch on the bottom. If so, have you tried switching each to a different channel? Some won't work with BOTH set to the same channel. Although my Trust keyboard and rodent work with both channels the same or both channels different.

james1` 08:48 25 Sep 2006

It is desktop pc .The keyboard /mouse is a microsoft desk top 5000.Have tried changing channels ,gone thru hand book ,windows help and microsoft online help.I had signal getting weak come up once so i changed to new duracells.I have tried with just keyboard,different mouse and modem and its still the same

james1` 09:15 25 Sep 2006

Iam taking it back to pc world ,Thanks for replys & help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017