New JK defrag(Now My Defrag)

InTheCity 08:48 21 Jul 2009

The long-awaited version 4 is finally out. The program is now called "MyDefrag", because it has a scripting language and you can customize just about every aspect of it. It is no longer the "JK" (Jeroen Kessels) defragger, but "my" (your) defragger!
from
click here
or
click here

cocteau48 10:06 21 Jul 2009

Been a big fan of JK Defrag for a long time and it just got better with this new version.

I particularly like the recommendation to do a "slow optimization" once a month and a "fast update" daily.

One word of warning: I did download the MyDefrag GUI Wrapper for the new version (not the same GUI by Emiel Wieldraaijer as I used for JK defrag)and ASquared flagged it as carrying Trojan Downloader.Win32.Banload!IK.

Knowing ASquared's propensity for throwing up false positives that is probably what it is but I removed the GUI again just in case.

Hopefully the Emiel Wieldraaijer GUI will be updated soon for use with the new version.
Until then you just need to run it off the scripts provided.

sunnystaines 11:11 21 Jul 2009

always been well impressed with this defrag.

thanks.

cocteau48 12:49 21 Jul 2009

Trojan Downloader.Win32.Banload!IK. now confirmed by A Squared as a false positive.

gigagiggles 07:28 22 Jul 2009

hello.

i tried it yesterday and after an hour of "slow optimize" of c:\ drive and 5 x 2(10) passes, i quit the program when it kept going to the other drives in the system.

then i ran my trusty old friend from auslogics and their graphic display of file and cluster location didn't change(!) one bit from the last time when i ran it the day before. and there were a few new fragmented files along with those that can't be defragmented (system restore).

sunnystaines 09:22 23 Jul 2009
  cocteau48 09:28 23 Jul 2009

Good morning sunnystaines and thanks.

T I M B O 09:29 23 Jul 2009

I have used JK Defrag in the past & i found that after the defrag is took a little time to find things, it was kinda like a lag soi stopped using it. I have not started using this software and i find it to be quite excellent >> click here

sunnystaines 11:48 23 Jul 2009

after install of 4.1 you need to go to windows explorer and delete the 4.0 folder.

maghemite 12:46 24 Jul 2009

I personally prefer, and have been a long time user of Diskeeper (currently 2009 pro). Unfortunately, it's not free, but it defrags system files, the page file, multiple drives simultaneously, in low space etc. Worth the cost to me, since I have 4 large drives in my system which see a lot of file I/O, and none of the freeware defraggers do all the above :(

T I M B O 13:02 24 Jul 2009

If you have lots of I/O's, then it would appear you have issues with that pc. Hope u manage to sort that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?