New ISP Installation.

askgreg 16:22 05 Dec 2003

I have just done a reinstallation of Windows on a computer.Everything ok until I tried to install the ISP. I have tried two different ones and once I reach the state of dialling into the ISP the connection is made, but then after checking the 'sign in', the error message in each case is :-
'Internal Authentication Error'.I'm sure someone out there has met this one before and I'd much appreciate your comments.

Thanks in anticipation.

Gongoozler 17:04 05 Dec 2003

Have a look here click here

Djohn 17:18 05 Dec 2003

Also try this one for dial-up. click here

askgreg 22:04 05 Dec 2003

Many thanks for your links, Djohn and Gongoozler. I will continue with the suggestions.I had check most of what I have seen but the one thing that I did see was a suggestion that it might be the modem itself or the drivers.The original modem went belly up so I dug out an old one, a 56K HSP PNP K56 FLEX from a year or two ago. I don't even know who made it so I have no chance of finding a more up to date driver.I won't give up yet and I will let you know if I am eventually successful.

Many thanks once again.

Djohn 22:30 05 Dec 2003

click here your modem and drivers. The link throws a few pop-ups at you but not the unsavoury kind though. :o)

askgreg 23:57 05 Dec 2003

Thanks Djohn for your latest suggestion.I got the download and all went well the new driver was installed, no problem.SOrry to have to say however that the error message 'Internal Authentication Error' came up again.

And now it's to bed and tomorrow is another day.

Thanks again for your help and suggestions.

Djohn 00:11 06 Dec 2003

click here Sorry that didn't help, but have found another page for you to look at. Nice long read this one, hope the answer is in there for you.

Good luck j.

askgreg 11:59 06 Dec 2003

Many thanks yet again Djohn, you are a font of information and this time you hit the jackpot.After dilegently working through the 'long one' it worked.So what was missing i'll never know but thankfully I will be able to sign up anytime.

Greatful thanks. Greg Askey

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?