New intel build but wont kick on monitor or bios.

foxtrot123 16:56 07 Feb 2007

I have been tinkering for exactly 1 week now and am posting on every site i can. Friend told me to come here. This is my third build and I went all the way with it:
Intel 2.4 Dual Core
nForce 680i SLI MoBo
4 gigs Ram
320gig hdd
160gig hdd
BFG 7900GSoc Video (1 for now)
Sound blaster sound
Antec 180B case
2 DVD Burners
5 120mm quiet fans
700w SLI power supply
As you can imagine I was waiting by the window for UPS like a puppy dog. I get everything pugged in and wires all cleaned up, power on and my monitor wont even kick on. Fan all running, hard drives spinning, and all lights and switches are a check. This is my first INTEL build. I am somewhat technical but I am out of ideas.
Ok someone told me that I might need to reset the cmos, or that some motherboards might be locked with a cmos jumper? Any thoughts on that?
Also I was wondering if my peripherals were too advanced to start a build with. Like they wont get picked up without xp running? Since xp is not on yet? I have a logitech g15 gaming keyboard and logitech mx laser mouse. Should I pull out some of my old peripherals? or would this not make a difference? Also should I try an older monitor than my acer lcd? i beleive I have an old crt screen in the basement.
Somebody please help me.

sre you getting post beeps?

foxtrot123 17:05 07 Feb 2007

no beeps

foxtrot123 17:10 07 Feb 2007

also the card is running and the fan on it, but no monitor
the monitor works well on other computer

foxtrot123 17:12 07 Feb 2007

Any body know of any compatability problems with my set up?

foxtrot123 17:19 07 Feb 2007

no beep means no error? or there should be a test beep? its been a long time since i did this

ed-0 17:19 07 Feb 2007

Whats the full make and model of the motherboard? To check the cmos jumper.

Have you put both the 20 or 24 pin ATx motherboard plug with the 4 pin 12V atx plug into the motherboard. They need two power sources.

Are you trying to boot the system with all the components fitted in? If you are, take out the excess and boot from the minimum.

You just need the motherboard with the cpu connected with heatsink and fan. The front power connector to the motherboard. One stick of ram. Plug in the monitor, see if it boots to bios.

Disconnect every thing else from the motherboard.

See if it boots.

ed-0 17:21 07 Feb 2007

" You just need the motherboard with the cpu connected with heatsink and fan. The front power connector to the motherboard. One stick of ram. Plug in the monitor, see if it boots to bios."

Probably a video card would help, also. lol

foxtrot123 17:24 07 Feb 2007

do i have to install the mobo driver before i can get it to boot to bios?

ed-0 17:25 07 Feb 2007

No.

foxtrot123 17:30 07 Feb 2007

check , check and check. running without excess. mobo - EVGA nforce 689i Sli 122-ck-nf68
i guess I should start cutting zip ties and take everything out. I really dont want to its so clean right now. Should of tested everything out of chassis. Lesson learned. im gong to unplug my hard drive and I should get an error beep when power on right?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires