New IE 7 spell check.

bellababy 09:58 19 Sep 2006

Just installed the new EI 7 browser which will give you a spell check, for example if when you respond say to this message you right click an empty space in the reply box, an option comes up to among other things to do a spell check.
This is new to me, trust I'm not giving out what is common knowledge.

kdt 15:40 19 Sep 2006

should be IE7 not EI7....i had a go at IESPELL not that i needed it but to see how it would be useful...ended with blue screen and no click here site to update so uninstalled it.
don't think i will bother with it until IE7 RC1 is fully released

bellababy 16:44 19 Sep 2006

Beg your pardon IE 7 it is. Try first selecting ie spell options when you right click in message box, then select others, then tick, show items in right hand click menu.Ignore Licence and buy now, just click OK, and see if that works.

bellababy 16:58 19 Sep 2006

PS I didn't buy and I didn't donate to ie spell check, and it works away fine for me. I discovered it by accident, I did have other options selected at first but have now un-ticked them and it's still working fine.

kdt 21:05 19 Sep 2006

thanks but i will think about reinstalling iespell later as there was no connection with its site to update as i was asked by setup if i wanted to?

bellababy 22:31 19 Sep 2006

No need to go onto there web site,even before you type anything in the message box right click anywhere inthe message box, the caption will come follow instructions as above.See below.

Try first selecting ie spell options when you right click in message box, then select others, then tick show items in right hand click menu.Ignore Licence and buy now, just click OK, and see if that works.

bellababy 22:33 19 Sep 2006

Correction. their web site.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?