New Hotel Site

TomLinny 15:55 17 Jan 2008

Finished my new site a couple of weeks ago. Its

click here

Any comments on usability etc would be greatly appreciated. You tend to overlook things when you have been working on them for a while.

Kemistri 14:25 18 Jan 2008

Are you in a competition to see who can add more instances of the word "hotels" to a single website? If so, I think you will win easily. There are keywords to be used and then there is such a thing as keyword cramming. Search engines react negatively to it and so do visitors.

I clicked on the link to Central England Hotels and found a heading of "Find hotels in Central England Hotels In Central England" -- that's either a howler of a typo or more blatant keyword stuffing. Then the ensuing list has "hotels" after every county!!

The intro on the index page reads like it was lifted from a meta tag. And then the links in the footer -- yet more "hotels".

It just makes the whole site less readable, less professional, and less highly ranked.

babybell 15:12 18 Jan 2008

The word Hotel appears far too many times in the welcome message which smacks of advertising purposes rather than a friendly message to the customer. Also on the links on the left, Northern Ireland is spelt incorrectly. Also right at the very bottom you have the a-z list which will help people find a hotel in a region beginning with that letter, this would probably be better placed at the top of the screen or is it needed at all seen as though you have a search box, it looks a little cramped down there?

TomLinny 15:58 18 Jan 2008

Thanks for your replies much appreciated i will take them into account and improve. Its my first bash at using an rss feed and as you say might have to tweek to stop the duplicated word hotel etc. Cheers

CodeMeister 17:49 18 Jan 2008

Ooh, 91 validation errors.

See the following link for the full list of errors.

Have fun.

click here

RWest 18:36 18 Jan 2008

I think it's quite impressive - you've got a mass of material in it.

It would be nice yo have drop down menus for counties and towns.

I haven't tried using it & have no idea if it works, though, nor have i tried googling or other serach engine detection. But it's not bad at all.

yattonharrytoo 14:33 19 Jan 2008

Tom,
I often take a look at other people's sites in similar vein and see how the top people do this,
try this site

click here

and maybe get inspired to google for other top hotels too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone