New HD transferring drive image

5ean 12:09 28 Jan 2007

Hi,

I really need a new MAIN HD as current one is only 30gb

I really need to copy the image of the drive over to the new one so I don't lose anything.

I suspect Norton Ghost is the way to go, can anyone give any practical advice or software advice on the easiest/safest way to achieve this?

I have fitted formatted and installed before but not transferred a drive image.

thanks in advance.
Sean

5ean 12:31 28 Jan 2007

click here

i think this might be the answer! Anyone used it?

mymate 13:17 28 Jan 2007

click here
Acronis 7 is still free,and when you have installed it and updated it,Acronis will let you have version 10 cheaper.!

citadel 16:50 28 Jan 2007

you can use software that comes with new disc, retail box comes with disc, or download software first. I used seagate and it copied all over ok.

vitrocmax 22:55 28 Jan 2007

Strange pricing - Buy True Image 10 from Amazon, cost is £23.97 including delivery.

Migrate Easy is £35.99

I have both, got the Migrate easy on a cover disc sometime ago, but I bought TI10 from Amazon, cheaper than from Acronis direct, and you get the CD not just a download.

TI10 will copy your old hard drive to a new one, and do much more besides.

And it's easy to use.

mymate 08:27 29 Jan 2007

Paragon drive copy 8 personal is also free click here

I had Acronis 8 for 2 years,i could never figure it out how to back up my hard drive with it.Paragon with so easy to use
My brother has now backed up my hard drive with Acronis,only because you cant do a incremental back up with Paragon.

5ean 16:44 01 Feb 2007

Sorted, the migrate program is free for 15 days, did the job in ten minutes. At least there are a few options there when someone else needs to do it.

vitrocmax 20:50 01 Feb 2007

Now there's a way not to make money - if you have a product that most people would only use on the odd occasion, give a free 15 day trial! I can't think of a good reason to buy it.

Glad you are sorted, you can always download another trial when you want an even bigger HD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone