New Hardware Wizard

mstretch 11:46 12 May 2007

Every time i start my pc i get a message fron the FOUND NEW HARDWARE WIZARD it says this wizard helps you install hardware for - bluetooth serial port. i dont have a blutoth dongle or anything with bluetooth on my pc - it gives me options
1. install the software automatically (recomended)
2. install from a list or a specific location

at the bottom it has 2 buttons
1. says "next"
2. Says "cancel"

ive tried to cancel it many times but it appears around 5 seconds later with the exhac same message

is there a setting to turn this wizard off and if not what can i do to solve this wierd problem

thanx in advance if any1 can help

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:42 12 May 2007

TRy installing the software automatically

and see what it does.

mstretch 14:00 13 May 2007

Ok i clicked ok and it searched for bout 2 mins then i got a msg saying "the software u r installing has not passed windowws logo testing to verify its compatibility with windows xp, contiuning may impair the current operation of ur system, microsoft strongly recommends that you stop the installation"

but me bein me i hit "continue anyway" rather that stop installation then i got a msg sayin "the file VCOMM.SYS on bluesoleil installation disc is needed - type the path where the file is located then click ok

i would do that but i dont have any bluetooth software on my pc

it had a path already typed in the box and i clicked ok beside it and it searches for bout 10 seconds then says it could not find the file in the allocated path then stops installation

then i get the hardware wizard up again with exactly the sam msg!

im really stuck and really dont kno what to do - could it be a virus or adware or somethin playin up

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:20 13 May 2007

make and model of your PC / laptop?

Do you have a phone plugged in via USB?

mstretch 16:02 13 May 2007

its a compaq preserio 04 edition with xp sp2 and no i have the phone line connected to a modem and the modem connected by an adsl cable

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?