New Hardware Found Error -Win 98

Hercules02 11:22 15 Mar 2004

Hello :)
My Sister has a PC that reports the above message plus "Unknown Device" each time its booted. We have deleted the unknown device (in device manager) and uninstalled Scangear, which is referred to if you proceed with the driver installation. (I can't complete this as we dont have any drivers).
Despite this the message still comes up at reboot. Can anyone help please ?

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 11:28 15 Mar 2004

Try looking in the bios it may be turned on in there and need turning off,if you cant find it on the pc.

Regards.

tafoody 12:45 15 Mar 2004

google returns info on a Canon scanner, from a 'scangear' search,

if a Canon scanner is connected, which model?

gold 47 13:09 15 Mar 2004

As has already been said it is part of a Cannon scanner which is as a rule a USB device is it connected?? or did she use to have a Cannon scanner and not unistalled it in a proper manner
do a search for cannon and delete these files.

Stuartli 13:10 15 Mar 2004

Try disconnecting the scanner (if you have one!), reinstalling the drivers and then reconnect the scanner. A reboot should allow Windows to find it correctly if all is in order.

Hercules02 20:44 15 Mar 2004

I understand that a scanner was installed in trying to help someone determine what was wrong with their scanner. When nothing was found wrong, the scanner was returned to its owner. Im sure your right and there must be some old files lurking... thanks

Mikè 21:40 15 Mar 2004

Probably best to disable it and then forget it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?