New hard drive on ME - only a boot up disc.

upsetter 15:03 14 Feb 2004

I have tried replacing my old hard drive with a new one & thought it would be possible to just do a swap & reinstall my ME software but...

I get the ME disc to do a Ghost which goes fine but when the system is restarted a little floating box appears saying "Video Not Available".

The system will boot up in "Safe Mode" but as soon as I try rebooting again the video message appears again & that is the end.

Am I being a bit naive thinking it could be that simple to just change the drives over or am I missing something.

Help please

anon1 15:08 14 Feb 2004

Have you loaded the graphics drivers?

upsetter 15:17 14 Feb 2004

Don't seem to have any cos the only disc I got with the machine (emachine c633)was the restore cd. I believe the graphics are on board & assumed all drivers etc were on there.... :-{

upsetter 18:00 23 Nov 2004

Found out in the display that the graphics card had an "unknown" attached to the driver. Changed it to Default & away it went.
Hope that helps someone else... took me 9 months to add this as I just had the same problem again after a system reinstall, sorry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?