new hard drive

skaria 10:56 04 Jan 2005

I am looking to buy a new hard drive for my dell dimension 8250, and i want it to be about 160-200gb. I thing it is ide. Any suggestions? I believe that they are about 60 pounds and have found some at click here.

GBL 11:03 04 Jan 2005

This is an interesting site to look at;- click here

I bought mine from Dabs;-click here

Gongoozler 11:16 04 Jan 2005

Another good source of hard drives is here click here.

cadena 12:22 04 Jan 2005

I have Packard Bell,Model Pulsar C400/S,256 Ram,Windows 98,motherboard...Packard Bell MediaRanger,Hard Disk 6.4 GB UDMA.
I have already upgraded my Ram from 64, and would like to upgrade my Harddrive but dont know which or what to get or how high I can go to, I would appreciate some advice here please, also is it easy to to do it yourself.

cadena

cadena 12:24 04 Jan 2005

I dont have an account on ebay and I am not familar with it either.....sorry
cadena

Gongoozler 14:37 04 Jan 2005

Hi cadena. My posting isn't referring to Ebay but to Ebuyer. Setting up an account is very easy. They are one of the cheapest sources of computer parts, but their communications aren't the best. I've been buying from them for years. If you want the best customer service and you're prepared to pay a little extra for it, then use your local independant retailer. If you want the cheapest then Ebuyer are very good.

Gongoozler 14:44 04 Jan 2005

How to fit a hard drive - have a look at this interactive guide click here

goonerbill © ® 14:46 04 Jan 2005

heres link to hard drive of 200gb or more click here

to see prices on hard drives of 100gb+ click on home at top of page and the click on 100+ in the hard drive section

cadena 23:15 04 Jan 2005

Could you tell me whats my limit to the hard drive I can have, as I gave you most of my details in my first posting, the higher the better but I know there has to be a limit, thanks for your reply. This is my first posting as I am what you might call a newbie on this site, but have been using a computer for years...well since 97, and I am on it all the time.
Gail

AndySD 23:25 04 Jan 2005

I would keep the drive below 137 GB and also buy on from a company like Western Digital, you can download software from them to help the pc recognise larger drives click here*&p_li=

cadena 23:39 04 Jan 2005

Hi Andy...........do you think it would be better just to get an external hard drive? Is there any difference..thanks for your quick reply,
cadena

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?