Alienware 17 R4 2017 review
Hi everyone, I am looking to purchase a new graphics card for my Dell Dimension 8250. I have a 2.56 Pentium 4 processor, just bought a new 200gb ide hard drive and am running (or will be when I install the new hd) windows xp Sp2. I would like your advice on what graphics card to buy for about £100-£200. Any ideas. Thanks in Advance!!! Skaria
The 6600GT appears to be the best option in your price range at the moment have a look click here
I agree with Rayuk. A 6600 GT would be a sensible purchase to suit your budget and Overclockers are a good supplier. I bought a 6800GT from them - good price and delivered next day.
thanks for that. ill have further look and keep you posted, a tge moment its the 6600gt in the lead!!! thanks again
you may be able to get a 6800 for £200.
With your help (for which im very grateful) i have narrowed it down to the :
XFX GeForce 6600 GT 128MB DDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI (AGP) - Retail (PVT43A-NDF7) (GX-024-XF)
Supercharge your gaming with the power of an NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GPU. The NVIDIA® GeForce™ 6600 GPUs deliver best-in-class performance and advanced visual effects for next-generation games. The only GPU in its class with support for Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0 Shader Model 3.0 and with support for AGP, the GeForce 6600 delivers ultra-realistic effects, unmatched features, and rock-solid stability so you can play your game the way it’s meant to be played.
- 500MHz Core Clock Speed
- 128MB DDR3 2.0NS Super Fast Memory running at 1000MHz
- GeForce 6800 features at midrange prices!
- Shader Model 3.0
- UltraShadow II
- Consumer Electronics Video
- Drivers that pass WHQL
- Games bundle including Nascar 2004, Commandos 3 and X2 The Threat!!
Price: £129.95 (£152.69 Including VAT at 17.5%)
XFX GeForce 6800 Extreme Gamers Edition 128MB DDR TV-Out/Dual DVI (AGP) - Retail (PVT40KNDD7) (GX-018-XF)
The groundbreaking new NVIDIA® GeForce™ 6800 graphics processing units (GPUs) and their revolutionary technologies power worlds where reality and fantasy meet; worlds in which new standards are set for visual realism and quality, performance, and video functionality. The GeForce 6800 GPUs deliver powerful, elegant graphics to drench your senses, immersing you in unparalleled worlds of visual effects for the ultimate PC experience.
- 325MHz Core Engine Clock speed
- 128MB 750MHz high speed DDR memory
- Superscalar 12-Pipe GPU Architecture
- CineFX 3.0 Engine
- The Industry's First On-Chip Video Processor
- UltraShadow II Technology
- 64-Bit Texture Filtering and Blending
- Intellisample 3.0 Technology
- Unified Driver Architecture (UDA)
- nView Multi-Display Technology
- Digital Vibrance Control 3.0
- High-Speed DDR Memory Interface
- 256-Bit Memory Interface with Advanced Memory Control
- 128-Bit Studio-Precision Computation
- Full-Speed 32-Bit Color Precision
- Advanced Adaptive De-Interlacing
- Video Scaling and Filtering
- Dual 400MHz RAMDACs
- 0.13 Micron Process Technology
- Games Bundle including X2, Commandos3, MotoGP2 all full games
Price: £164.95 (£193.82 Including VAT at 17.5%)
I would be pleased if you could tell me what you suggest. I would like to e able to play games like UT2004 and Hal Life 2 and maybe even Doom 3. I would very much like it if I can plug in an additional monitor so I can view two different things on two monitors. Thank You. Skaria
The XFX gamers edition card you mention comes with dual dvi connectors for tft monitors and also analogue convertors if you have crt monitors so not a bad choice.
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.