New GIF problem

ZZ Top 19:22 22 Jul 2006

I have read the various GIF topics on the forum but can't find anything to assist with my particular case. When I receive emails from one particular person the email does not display the animated GIFs. Emails are from my sister so are not classified as spam. The GIFs are shown as attachments but can only be opened in paint. All assistance gratefully received.

MAJ 20:34 22 Jul 2006

To insert a gif in an email (I'll assume you're using Outlook Express), click on the area of the email where you want to insert the gif, then go to Insert > Picture, browse to the picture source, select the gif, click Open, then click OK. I suspect your sister is going to Insert > File Attachment by mistake, ZZ Top.

Diversion 20:58 22 Jul 2006

Your firewall may also be preventing the Gifs coming through, if your using Zone Alarm as a firewall it automatically quarantines Gifs unless you configure it to allow them through.

ZZ Top 13:02 23 Jul 2006

Have Norton as firewall so don't think that's the problem; also, GIFs from all other senders display okay. MAJ - I will speak with sis to see how she is sending and whether any of her other recipients have the same problem - thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017