'New-Get Microsoft Update Today'

keewaa 16:49 07 Apr 2006

If I go to the manual microsoft windows update (start-all programs - up at the top) click here I notice a link is now displayed saying

"'New-Get Microsoft Update Today'"

What is this?, I already have automatic updates on.

chub_tor 16:52 07 Apr 2006

Just tried it and I don't get that message.

rawprawn 17:02 07 Apr 2006

I'm not sure but I suspect it is an update to the updater which I got some months ago. If it is already installed it won't appear. Why don't you click on it and see. (Make a restore point first)just in case.

Diodorus Siculus 17:45 07 Apr 2006

I've just installed it and run it and it seems to be designed to update all of MS products though windowsupdate - at least it also gave me an update for MSOffice 2003 which I've not had through windowsupdate in the past.

rawprawn 18:19 07 Apr 2006

Exactly so.

keewaa 18:42 07 Apr 2006

That explain it, thanks

arris 02:24 12 Apr 2006

I don't get it. I've installed it, I now have Microsoft Update and Windows Update and both of these ActiveX controls..

MUWebcontrol Class
WUWebControl Class

they're both identical versions, so how can it be an update?

rawprawn 07:58 12 Apr 2006

One of them will update MS Office ?

Stuartli 09:21 12 Apr 2006

The ActiveX controls are not identical - one begins with M (Microsoft?) and the other with W (Windows?)

This is probably because, as rawprawn suggests, the first is for Office updates.

Stuartli 09:29 12 Apr 2006

The Windows Update site states, with regard to the new Microsoft Update service:

"Now you can get updates for Windows, Office and other Microsoft applications all in one place.

"Microsoft Update is a new service that brings you all the features and benefits of Windows Update plus downloads for other Microsoft applications including Office."

EARLR 10:10 12 Apr 2006

Tried it. WFLLT

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

How to find a font: Discover the name of a typeface with these apps

The best iPhone for 2017

Comment créer un compte PayPal pour payer en ligne ?