New GeForce 7600GS Graphics Card (Inio3D)

Lawrence-255466 11:31 17 Jan 2007

INNO3D GeForce 7600GS AGP 8X

Hi ALL
Can anyone help with the following problem?
I have just renewed the AGPX8graphics card from my PC a P4 266Ghz removed all the old drivers replaced the new card and run the install disc that came with the new cared. The pc stopped in the middle of the this process and turned the monitor only off then restarted with this message windows has recovered from a fatal error and gave three options to continuo restart to last known good configuration safe mod,etc.
On restarting in last known good configuration I now have a message saying that I have a problem with my Video Controller and that it is not configured correctly (code1) I also have a ! in the Device mangier on the Icon where my monitor icon used to be it now reads other device Video Controller the cared is obviously not happy with this as it is running on the windows get me out of trouble drivers and will not install it's owen

Totally-braindead 15:36 17 Jan 2007

Try downloading the latest Nvidia driver and install that and see what happens click here

AndySD 15:53 17 Jan 2007

Does this card need the aditional power connection on the back of the card and if so have you connected it an what wattage is your power suply

Totally-braindead 20:38 17 Jan 2007

Its better not to email people but to type here so people can see whats happening.
Hes away to try the updated driver. From your email it appears you have a 700 watt power supply if so you definatly have more than enough power.
What about the question AndySD asked. I managed to get a look at the card and it does appear to have a power connector. Is 700 watts the power supply you have and have you connected the power connector as well?
Answer here - not by email.

Lawrence-255466 22:14 17 Jan 2007

Sorry about that Totally-braindead
The answer is yes to both of your questions.
The cared is working on this Pc all be it slow but it will not use the cd that came with the drivers on it. It fins the new hard wear and goes through the usual start up loads the drivers and just before it finishes the monitor turns off but the PC remains on as if it has hibernated for 30secs.
When it comes on a message reads Windows has recovered from a critical error and you have three options last good configuration safe mode and safe mod command I put it to last good configuration it re starts and then the pop up found new hard wear comes on, If you go this root you go round the bend so I just canel.Thanks Oliver100

AndySD 14:49 18 Jan 2007

Boot in the Setup/Bios (normally Delete whilst first booting)

Make sure the AGP setting is 4 or 8

Set the GGP Appature to 128 or above

Reser the configuration data (sometimes NVRAM)

Save and close

Reboot the PC

Try downloading the latest Graphics Driver from Nvivia click here after downloading you will need to go to Add/Remove Programs and under Nvidia remove just the Graphics(video) Driver (not the chipset drivers) reboot the pc and disable your antivirus then instal the downloaded driver.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?