New Freeserve Anytime settings

Gongoozler 17:56 04 Jun 2003

Anyone here who is on Freeserve Anytime will probably have been invited to download the Freeserve Anytime Connection Kit. This appears to replace theh multiplicity of alternative dial-up numbers with one universal number that they claim will make connection much more reliable by automatically trying all the alternative numbers. I found installation no problem at all, except that it changed my Internet Explorer settings but not Outlook Express. For this it is necessary in OE to click on Tools - Accounts - Properties - Connection, and click on the down arrow to select "Anytime {todays date}".

I'll leave this posting up for a day or two before I tick it as resolved.

bowman 18:31 04 Jun 2003

If you are a Windows Freecell Fan?(win 98se) then the Connection kit will give you problems,it causes the game not to load up.

Contacted freeserve over this problem a few weeks ago, and to date they do not have a fix.

If you are not a Freecell fan then no problem.....lol

Granger 18:34 04 Jun 2003

We have this and it made absolutely no difference except it sits there taking up RAM.

Djohn 18:58 04 Jun 2003

When I spoke to Freeserve two weeks back, they did say that over a period of time, (next few months), they wanted all "Anytime" users to have the connection kit.

Dial-in numbers will then be automatically selected by this application, manual connection numbers will be phased out.

Although the kit will display numbers, the last four digits will be starred out. This will stop you from choosing/using the number you feel is best. j.

Gongoozler 20:21 05 Jun 2003

I think this one has been up long enough for anyone interested to have seen it, so I'll tick it as resolved.

The new connection settings seem to do a reasonable job of trying the alternative numbers - but nothing for the annoying voice telling me that the line is engaged or whatever that squawk is trying to say.

swanson2 10:53 06 Jun 2003

Thanks for that info.
Not had the request from Freeserve to change my dial up number yet but no doubt it's on the way!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?