New fast, free anti-spyware

smokingbeagle 23:26 21 Apr 2005

click here
Released 18 April so no long term assessment of effectiveness but seems quite good.

kyprosman 23:29 21 Apr 2005

Thanks just got it will give it a try. Andy.

p;3 23:34 21 Apr 2005

bookmarked

bluesbrother 23:37 21 Apr 2005

I've clicked that link twice now and both times it locked IE. I had to use ctrl+alt+del to close.

A bit too dodgy for my liking.

SANTOS7 23:44 21 Apr 2005

i have just tried the link it is an online scan (well thats the only thing i can come up with) tells you your PC is clean then prompts you to download spyware doctor which you have to PAY for. NOT FOR ME!!!

kyprosman 00:22 22 Apr 2005

Just ran the install and same as SANTOS7 it wants you to purchase another prog.

p;3 00:28 22 Apr 2005

have had a further look at it; what exactly is this thing? IS it an on-line scan or..? and my Guard IE is picking something up on it :(

maybe one ought to stick with the known and trusted programs?

??where did you find this smokingbeagle?

smokingbeagle 03:39 22 Apr 2005

p;3, Got it from a feature in a trusted newsletter. It does a quick scan, seems benign but also appears to encourage you to download a further program. Perhaps other forum members ought to wait till this can be evaluated. I'll mark this as resolved and report back.

p;3 03:58 22 Apr 2005

it is sometimes a better idea to ask on forum if people have met and used something and what they think of it; there is so much out there that is just waiting to trap us into messing up our pc"s ,and it is probably a good idea to stick with the tried and trusted product names .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?