New email client - suggestions please.

Buachail Mór 15:04 18 Nov 2003

Can anyone please recommend a good email client for me?

It must have multiple pop3 accounts facilities (i.e. to pick up my email from different accounts and keep them separate); good filtering is a bonus; good support for Spam Plugins too.

If possible, I would like a shareware client (i.e. try before I buy) or freeware would be even better. But I am not adverse to paying for the right machine.

I have Outlook 2000 but want to move away from it as I am about to give away my Office 2000 to a friend who needs it more than I do - I am a happy convert to OpenOffice.org.

DieSse 15:09 18 Nov 2003

Outlook Express is more than good enough - what's more it's free.

Installer 15:54 18 Nov 2003

I agree got to be Outlook Express.

Buachail Mór 16:41 18 Nov 2003

Thanks for that; any more?

Pesala 17:06 18 Nov 2003

This now has the option to view mail from individual accounts, form Newsgroups, or from all accounts. The M2 database concept is different to other email clients. I like it, and find it helpful to have it integrated into the browser. click here for an overview.

BarryKeith 17:27 18 Nov 2003

Mozilla has an inbuilt e-mail client that will do what you want.

Belatucadrus 17:53 18 Nov 2003

Mozilla has just been upgraded to version 1.5 click here it's well worth a look, both for browser & e-mail

BarryKeith 18:27 18 Nov 2003

Pegasus mail is'nt bad.

soy 18:43 18 Nov 2003

Eudora: click here

Eudora has 3 modes:

Paid-for mode, Sponsored mode (completely free but with a small ad) and lite mode (free, but has fewer features).

Pegasus mail: click here

Pegasus has more tools and features than any other client and its completely freeware. BUT is a bit complicated to use!

Incredimail: click here

An email client with humour and fun

The Bat! : click here

Very good email client, one of the best I've used but its shareware. Theres a trial period to test it out for yourself.

And of course, theres Outlook express, which I currently use. Its very simply and easy to use.

Buachail Mór 18:49 18 Nov 2003

I have been using Mozilla since version 0.8 and forgot completly about its email client... I have used a minimum install of it for so long that I forgot its other capabilites.

Over to Mozilla Mail it is then...

Buachail Mór 20:09 27 Mar 2004

And now onto thunderbird!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?