New e-mail address goes wrong (O.E/Supanet)

Furkin 09:02 27 Apr 2008

Hi again folks,

I am with Supanet Dial-Up. Last week I tried to add a new e-mail address to my package.
I'm sure it worked o.k at the time.

Whilst I can still send from the new address,,,, I can't seem to receive into it now.

When I send a Test message from another address I get:
"" 213.???.66.??? does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550-DENIED This email address has been expired.
550 Please remove from your address book or list
Giving up on 213.???.66.???.""

I note that it says "been expired" - so I assume it was by Supanet - but what does 550 mean ?

((I'v dropped Supanet a line 4 days ago, but as usual am still waiting,,,))

Any ideas please ?

FatboySlim71 10:06 27 Apr 2008

I know I had a similar problem with my new ISP, basically I set up an email address prior to been fully connected with them. Basically I applied to them for my service, but in the mean time I set up some new email addresses with my new to be ISP, I could receive emails to my newly created email address but I could not send from it. When I enquired to why this was to my new ISP, I was told that,

"The outgoing mail server won't allow you to send out until you're connected to ourselves, as it's validated by your IP address"

Seems a bit of a long wait 4 days for a reply though, it may be worth emailing them again to try to speed them up.

FatboySlim71 10:14 27 Apr 2008

Also, double check the details for your ISP's email, i.e. Email type POP, incoming & outgoing server details.

I know my ISP had these details on their web site, so it may be worth checking on your ISP's web site to see if these are on and also to double check the details you are using to send/receive email to that new email address.

Furkin 14:14 27 Apr 2008

FBS: Cheers mate,
Tis a long story but I use my Supanet addresses via my BT B.B.
I use several addresses,,,,,,

In the Server section I have:
INCOMING: - pop.supanet.com
OUTGOING: - mail.btinternet.com

In the Connection section I have:
ALWAYS CONNECT: - LocalAreaNetwork
(this is on all my S.Net addresses,,,, and previous ISP's)

I have dropped S.Net another line - but they arn't known to be rapid,,,,, if reply at all !

thanks again mate,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?