New Digital Camera Purchase

Confab 19:56 13 Oct 2004

A friend of mine is looking to buy digital camera. She's new to the digital camera world and has chosen this click here;sid=UC8jEHfwHtkjEzadJ-jiDBN2ZnGDy3-mols=

It's only 149 euros. What do you think as a first time digital camera purchase.

Confab

Dorsai 20:09 13 Oct 2004

I am afraid to say that that link did not work, and did not get to a camera, just a page with goods on.

Plus this (here site) being a UK based site, and that being a German site, i could not read a word.

Nowt wrong with German language, but i cant read it.

€149 = about £110. But as cant see the camera in question, dont know.

marjted 20:15 13 Oct 2004

click here

If its the Jenoptic 4100 then it's only 119 euros here - but have not found a positive review so far.

1 review at : click here

marjted 20:21 13 Oct 2004

Just a point, but if you open up a foreign language page in I.E., then a right click usaually has the option to translate that page into English.

JonnyTub 20:24 13 Oct 2004

maybe you should add that tip to the "tips" post in speakers corner (sorry can't remember the exact title).

alB 20:41 13 Oct 2004

Rather than buy blind on the internet try and go into a photographic store and get the feel of the cameras and try out a few before buying, Jessops have a good range around the £100 mark and they will give you plenty of good help & advice...alB click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?