New custom Pc

manka 11:08 27 Oct 2009

I want to buy a low budget (max £400) custom pc. I want to use my old parts: Nvidia 9600GT GPU, 400W PSU(not necessarily), and 3GB (2x1 and 2x515) DDR2 memory.
My preference would be Intel Core2Duo E8400. Please could you advise me which motherboard would be good with this? Bear in mind that it should be 'futureproof' so that I can upgrade later. Any other advice on parts appreciated.

thanks!

TipTop20 12:16 27 Oct 2009

Hi manka

I cannot really offer you advise on what components to use, but i can suggest click here I have purchased a computer from this company and was really impressed with it. The system itself and the service i recieved was so much better than other comapnies i have purchased from.

The main reason i bought from them was because they will build a system to your specification. Like you i also wanted the option to upgrade the system at a later date should i need to. The great thing about this company is that they will allow you to do this without invalidating the warranty. Even if you purchase the upgrades from another company. They dont seal the cases so you are free to replace and upgrade any of the components. I have never know a company to do this before but think it is a great idea.

Overall i am extremely impressed with both the company and the system, have a look at their website theres some great systems all reasonably priced, but id give them a call to for advice, their sales department an really good, not like typical pushy sales guys.

Hope you get the system you want!!!

Loopy2 12:38 27 Oct 2009

I agree with TipTop20 - cube are definately worth looking into. I have purchased computers from plenty of companies but was most impressed with Cube. Its worth giving them a call and getting a quote.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?