new configuration

harps1h 23:50 31 Jul 2005

i would like to move on to 64 bit technology and i have a budget of around £350 to use. i intend to build my self as i don't need any other pieces of equipment.

having done a bit of research this is what i have have loosely decided upon.

1/ gigabyte ga k8n pro sli or an asus k8n sli. i really would love the dfi sli board but it pushes the budget beyond what i had intended to spend

2/ amd64 3200 venice core.

3/ gainward 6600gt graphics card (with the idea of doing sli later)

i also have a few queries which i probably know the answer to already.

if i get an nforce4 board is it necessary to reformat as i currently am using nforce2. also if i do have to format will i have to do the partition set up as a swap file when i recently put on linux to learn about it?

lastly the above have been sourced through micro direct are they a reputable company to deal with and what are the companies deliveries like for accuracy

thanx

a long winded harps ;-)

howard60 16:14 01 Aug 2005

what you are suggesting is very similar to what I intend doing shortly. I have not used micro direct so cannot comment. I tend to stick to novatech; dabs; savastore and misco. Possibly the best aid is to enter the details 1 at a time in froogle on google. The price differences have to be seen to be believed. Make sure all prices include vat and check what they charge for delivery.

woodchip 16:58 01 Aug 2005

You will more than likely need a new PSU with the 24 pin connection old type as 20 pin

harps1h 22:15 01 Aug 2005

bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?