new computer not able to join "mshome" network

userflw 23:45 23 Apr 2006

Was forced to reinstall my operating system and after completion I was unable to join the network where three other conouter are connected. The new pc does however connect to the internet, but not the other pc's. The other three pc's likewise do not see this one.

I have disable the firewall and still cannot open 'MSHOME'. On two occasions when just completing a boot of this pc, 'MSHOME' does for a short time open, but if I go to another window, I loose it.

This machine is a Dell 8200 and Dell does not have a solution, even from their "senior tech" staff!

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

userflw

Taff™ 06:21 24 Apr 2006

Assume you`re working with XP? Have you run Network Connection Wizard from Control Panel? If so what If anything happens when you reboot the computers afterwards? Have you tried putting at least one document in your shared documents.

Xzalander 14:04 25 Apr 2006

Your proble is simple.
When you networked the three computers, theywere all done at the same time right?

Well XP can be a bit picky a times. If you are running all f them through a hub you will have to re-run the Set-up Home Network Wizard, if the problem still int solved the easy method is to RE-NETWORK ALL MACHINES. When they are all done at the same time they will aqcuire unique addresses to the hub/switch/router and begin to see each other.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires