New computer from Aldi

thicasabrick 17:17 27 Nov 2006

Hi all, just seen Aldi are selling a computer system this Sunday. Thinking of getting one, I want to be able to play games such as Call Of Duty on it. Opinions wanted on if it's good value for money.

click here

birdface 17:31 27 Nov 2006

Value for money, What price is it,

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:36 27 Nov 2006

'What price is it'.....errrrmmm......£549.49 as it states in the advert.

G

birdface 17:47 27 Nov 2006

No price on my advert, Must be this dodgey computer.Not going to believe me, but just went back in to check, Cant find a price anywhere,Mind you wont open the Sunday one,Just says fault with URL contact Aldi.Have to go into thursdays to see what it is, and still no price.

Legolas 17:55 27 Nov 2006

It looks a very good buy and the graphics card was just released recently so it is likely to play the latest games. The HD is huge I think you would find it hard to get more bang for your buck anywhere else.

birdface 17:59 27 Nov 2006

I take it the price is for the workstation only,Keyboard and Monitor to be bought seperately.Could do with a new computer,Whats your verdict then,Last week or week before someone was saying about the lack of USB ports on them , hope I got that right.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:01 27 Nov 2006

I use a Medion at home and I will buy another Medion when I replace this one. They are excellent computers, use good quality components and are very reliable. Aldis' price is good but they usually sell out very quickly...be warned.

G

thicasabrick 18:08 27 Nov 2006

Comes with wireless key board and mouse, but no monitor. 6 USB connectors 2 at front 4 at back. Any more views

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:32 27 Nov 2006

£129 for a 19" monitor from Aldi...bargain

G

2Xtreme_lives 18:54 27 Nov 2006

Heres my advice. I would not suggest purchasing a new computer from Aldi, you probably have no technical support and it will likely be unreliable. I have seen a laptop in aldi before and it was made from a company i had never heard of. I suggest Dell, i hear they do a Pentium 4 pc with a 19 inch monitor, keyboard, mose and speakers for 399 pounds. Then, with the remaining money purchase an Nvidia 7600 GT to put inside it, then it should be a gaming machine and for around 490 pounds!. If you want more RAM you can pick those up cheap as well.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:59 27 Nov 2006

'you probably have no technical support and it will likely be unreliable'..you know this for a fact? I have used the Medion helpline a couple of times and they have been excellent. Try sticking to facts.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?