New Computer

indianstirfry 19:58 09 Dec 2007

Hi I hope some one can help I have got a new computer which is Vista Home Premium. A programme that I love from my XP computer was the Avery Labeling system. I bought it and it was so easy to use that I transferred it to this computer but it will not print out. I put in a request to the Avery website for advice but so far not a squeak from them. Hope somebody can guide me through. Thanks in advance.

Sheik Yerbouti 07:52 10 Dec 2007

You could try running in xp compatability mode.
click here

indianstirfry 10:41 10 Dec 2007

Hi Sheik Yerbouti
I am a total novice so my next question is how? Thanks for your time and your patience (in advance!)

Seth Haniel 10:46 10 Dec 2007

select properties - then compatability
then select fromm drop down box

crosstrainer 10:59 10 Dec 2007

You could download this one...I have not tried it myself, but without upgrading software, might be worth a shot.

crosstrainer 11:07 10 Dec 2007

click here

The Link does help :)

indianstirfry 11:14 10 Dec 2007

Hi Seth
I did right click the start button and properties and what popped up was a menu saying Taskbar and Start menu Properties. This new computer was an expensive present and I am so nervous of it I won't fiddle about like I did on the old one so I am too cautious!! Sorry about that but I need the idiot's guide!!
and Hi crosstrainer what was the download you recommended as it did not appear in your reply but thanks for your time

indianstirfry 11:16 10 Dec 2007

Hi crosstrainer
Got it thanks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?