New cartridge won't print

paddy75 19:09 28 Jan 2007

I have just put a new black ink cartridge into my HP 1220c printer and am getting almost no ink out of it,i have had the cart for about 6months or so and i have cleaned the print heads but still no joy,is there any way to free the ink inside? Paddy

SANTOS7 19:12 28 Jan 2007

This is not really an answer but two days ago i had similar problem, found out i had put a cleaner cart in instead of an ink cart, Pulled my hair out for a few hours till i sussed...

Technotiger 19:14 28 Jan 2007

Hi, what is the 'use by' date on the box? I would suggest you get a new cartridge rather than try *messing* with that one - I think messing being the operative word! Although it was new when you bought it, it might even then have been very near its' use-by date.

paddy75 19:16 28 Jan 2007

Thank's for your speedy answers i will just go and order a new one Paddy

Technotiger 19:18 28 Jan 2007

OK - better luck with that one then - BTW, a good idea to check the use-by date when you get the new one.

Cheers

SANTOS7 19:18 28 Jan 2007

I'm with Technotiger on this, it might even be worth taking the cart in question back they may exchange it if you explain whats happening, good luck..

maidenlewes 19:25 28 Jan 2007

Is it a genuine HP cartridge? Their latest add campaign states that "1 out of 6" non-HP cartridges won't work!!!

Stuartli 19:28 28 Jan 2007

My mate has an HP printer and uses genuine HP cartridges (it's a business use printer).

Just occasionally a cartridge will not work and it's immediately replaced by the supplier without quibble.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?