New camera views please

mahalo 19:41 11 Oct 2007

My Casio camera has a fatal error, I could send it for repair but perhaps it would be better to buy a new one. I can aford to pay about £100 -150
it is possible to buy one with 10 mpixels at that price ? (and nothing too complicated ) Many thanks.

Technotiger 19:50 11 Oct 2007

Scroll down and you might find what you are after ...

click here

johnnyrocker 19:50 11 Oct 2007

try a post in consumer watch i doubt many 10mps about.

johnny.

hssutton 19:59 11 Oct 2007

Loads of pixels without decent glass in front is a total waste of time, unless you want large files of not very good images.

Would suggest you go for a camera such as the PowerShot A570 IS @ £139 7mp with 4 x zoom. If you can afford just a few £s more, have a look at the Olympus FE-240 click here

anchor 12:58 12 Oct 2007

I agree with hssutton; the Canon PowerShot A570 IS would be a very good choice. 7 Mpixel is more than enough, coupled with a good lens, and good electronics. This would fit nicely in your budget.

Review:

click here

price ranges:

click here=

Sparkly 13:10 12 Oct 2007

Allso worth a look.
click here
click here

Sparkly 13:15 12 Oct 2007

All depends on what you want the camera for general use or better.

click here

click here

mahalo 11:24 15 Oct 2007

Sorry I am late in getting back to you, I have been looking around and the Samsung NV10 looks good, what do you think ? Cheers

jack 11:46 15 Oct 2007

With a limited budget as stated loads of M Pixels is not the first thing to look for .
Ultimately your use of the camera - snaps/big prints/slide shows will be a deciding factor.

The suggestions above are all valid and good advice
You could consider also - The latest loaded with gizmos you seldom use would not therefore be good value. - Take a look at "Last weeks" technology
Places like click here have recently discontinued items for a fraction of the list price.

mahalo 13:58 16 Oct 2007

THank you all, on reflection I have decided to follow your advice and go for the Canon Power shot 570, now I will look for the best price. Cheers eveyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?