new build help

staples printer cartridge 13:15 25 May 2010

I am attaching those horrible, fiddly front panel connectors to my mobo and have a small issue - the mobo manual is very clear which orientation they should be in, ie + or - but the cables themsels do not specify which is + or -, only the reset switches which are separate do that. How can I tell? On the ones which are labelled the white is - and the colour is + - will that be the same for all of them, HDD led, pwer switch etc?
Thanks
Tom

gengiscant 13:25 25 May 2010

As a builder myself I share your annoyance with the front panel connectors, why this cannot be standardize, I haven't a clue.
As for your questions,what case are you using? but I do not think it matters if they are not marked + or -. Thinking back to some of my cheaper cases I just plugged them in and hoped I had got it right. I haven't had a case for a long time that the cables were not marked.
Not much help I know, but hopefully others will give better advice.

staples printer cartridge 13:50 25 May 2010

I have had a reply from another forum which stated that the coloured are + and white are -. hope it works.
Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How secure is your Wi-Fi?

AMD vs Intel: we put the most powerful desktops for designers and artists head-to-head

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables 2017